First Choice VIP Care, a DSNP Plan by Select Health of South Carolina, is responsible for the credentialing and re-credentialing of its provider network. All providers credentialed by Select Health of South Carolina must also be enrolled with the Medicare program and, as such, must agree to comply with all pertinent Medicare regulations.
Select Health of South Carolina works with the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) to offer providers a Universal Provider Data source that simplifies and streamlines the data collection process for credentialing and re-credentialing.
To access information for all the required credentialing documents, in addition to those found in a provider's CAQH record—or for providers who prefer a paper credentialing process—please visit the Select Health of South Carolina website credentialing page.
You may also contact First Choice VIP Care Provider Services for assistance at 1-888-978-0151or contact your local Account Executive (PDF).
Additional credentialing information:
- Credentialing Criteria and Standards
- Provider Network Management Account Executive map
- Provider Network Behavioral Health Account Executive map
For a complete list of the types of practitioners and facilities that First Choice VIP Care is responsible for credentialing, see the Provider Manual (PDF).
Practitioner and organizational provider credentialing rights
After the submission of applications, health care providers have the following rights:
- To review information submitted to support their credentialing applications, with the exception of references, recommendations, and peer-protected information obtained by the plan.
- To correct erroneous information. When information obtained by the Credentialing department varies substantially from information provided by the provider, the Credentialing department will notify the provider to correct the discrepancy.
- To be informed, upon request, of the status of their credentialing or recredentialing applications.
- To be notified within 60 calendar days of the Credentialing Committee or Medical Director review decision.
- To appeal any credentialing or recredentialing denial within 30 calendar days of receiving written notification of the decision.
- To know that all documentation and other information received for the purpose of credentialing and recredentialing is considered confidential and is stored in a secure location that is only accessed by authorized plan associates.
- To receive notification of these rights.
To request any of the above, providers should contact the First Choice VIP CareCorporate Credentialing department at:
First Choice VIP Care
Attn: Credentialing Department
200 Stevens Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19113