Helping a Loved One Enroll in a Medicare Plan
This information can help you make good choices and take the worry out of helping a loved one enroll in Medicare.
- Verify current plan and monthly payment. Even if you are helping someone enroll for the first time, it is important to know what kind of coverage he or she has and what kind of coverage he or she will need. Also, be sure to consider plans that are appropriate for his or her monthly budget.
- Determine medical and prescription drug needs.
- Ask these important questions:
- How much is the monthly premium?
- How much is the deductible for different services?
- How much is the copayment?
- What is covered? What isn't?
- Are my loved one's doctors covered by certain plans?
- Which plan covers the prescriptions my loved one is using?
- What other medical services are needed?
- Should we consider Medicare Advantage plans, which include drug coverage and fixed copayments?
Learn more about First Choice VIP Care (D-SNP) and understanding Medicare.
Enroll now: Call us at 1-833-961-3723 (TTY/TDD 711) or enroll online.
8 a.m. - 8 p.m., 7 days a week.